Arts Grants for Santa Clara County Teachers
The ArtsEdConnect program awards grants to teachers and classrooms in Santa Clara County to support and encourage arts education in our schools. ArtsEdConnect is jointly managed by SVCREATES and the Silicon Valley Education Foundation.
The ArtsEdConnect partnership is pleased to announce that through the generosity of the County of Santa Clara and the Warmenhoven Family Foundation $150,000 will be awarded again this school year. There will be two grant cycles. The first round of 2019-2020 grant applications will open on September 18th 2019 and close on October 2nd 2019. The second round will open in January 2020.
Grants are available for teachers to take students to performances or museums, bring artists to the classroom, or help with student performances and special, interesting arts projects that local teachers can create for their students. Grants of up to $250 per teacher are available for the purchase of arts-related materials for special class art projects.
*** Our grant deadline has passed. Our grant application is now closed. ***
- Only teachers in Santa Clara County public schools are eligible to apply
- No applications for field trips or events outside of Santa Clara County will be accepted
- Only one grant per school year per class - if your class receives a grant in our Fall 2019 cycle then you will not be eligible to apply in January 2020
- Applications from two or more teachers at the same school for the same project (grade level projects or multi-class trips/projects) should be made together on the same application
- Applicants must have approval from their local school principal to apply
- Regular art supplies will not be considered for grants and material grants for special projects will be capped at $250 per application
- Applicants will receive notice of approval/disapproval within 2-3 weeks of the grant cycle end date
- ArtsEdConnect reserves the right to limit the number/amount of grants to any one school
- Fall Grants have to be used in the school year that they are awarded. Spring Grants have to be used in the calendar year of the year granted. Grants may not be used for snacks, beverages or other non art related expenses
- Applicants must fill out the online application to the right (or wherever the button will be)
- Applications must have an estimated budget broken down into categories such as transportation, admissions, artist fees, materials/supplies, other
- Applications must include a brief (150 word) description of the purpose of the project/activity
- Applications must also include a brief (150 word) description of the relationship of the project/activity to your curriculum and other in-class activities planned around the project
Want to find an arts agency to help with your plans? Our website has a whole list of them that you can access.