ArtsEdConnect is one of several programs offered through SVCreates' Children's Creativity Collaborative (C3). C3 is a network of Silicon Valley leaders, educators and philanthropists dedicated to improving the lives of our children and youth through the power of the arts. C3 envisions a "next generation" of creative thinkers, artists and innovators inspired and strengthened by their exposure to the arts, engagement in the arts, and prominent exhibition of their creations. C3's mission is to increase access to the arts for Silicon Valley children and youth.
ArtsEdConnect (as the name implies) works to connect Silicon Valley school teachers with local arts educators (organizations and individual artists) by providing comprehensive information about arts education programs and how those programs might fit within the teacher's curriculum. We also provide a listings of local 'family-friendly' events, activities and attractions that might enhance a child's cultural awareness and education.
OTHER C3 PROGRAMS
OUR MISSION: To ignite investment and engagement in arts and creativity in Silicon Valley.
- Raise the visibility of Silicon Valley arts and culture
- Grow investment in Silicon Valley arts and culture
- Increase participation in Silicon Valley arts, culture and creativity
- Build the capacity of Silicon Valley's arts and culture ecosystem
OUR FOCUS: Our resources are focused on participatory arts, cultural heritage, children's creativity, placemaking, and innovative ideas, partnerships and art forms.
WHAT ARE WE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH?
- Help build a relevant, accessible and sustainable arts and culture ecosystem
- Create a sense of community and place.
- Celebrate and promote arts and culture.
- Unleash joy, beauty and creativity.
- Enhance the quality and value of Silicon Valley arts and culture.
For more information: www.svcreates.org