Arts Grants for Santa Clara County Teachers
Over the last two school years, the ArtsEdConnect program has awarded almost $200,000 in grants to teachers and classrooms in Santa Clara County to support and encourage arts education in our schools. ArtsEdConnect is jointly managed by SVCREATES and the Silicon Valley Education Foundation. The ArtsEdConnect partnership is pleased to announce that through the generosity of the Warmenhoven Family Foundation close to $100,000 will be awarded again this school year.
Grants of up to $1,000 per teacher are available to help take students to performances or museums, bring artists to the classroom, purchase arts-related materials and equipment, help with student performances or the special, interesting arts projects that local teachers can create for their students.
*** OUR GRANT APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. ***
Teachers – thank you for your interest in exposing our youth to creative experiences. Due to the resounding response for support, the online application is currently closed.
- Only teachers in Santa Clara County public schools are eligible to apply
- No applications for field trips or events outside of Santa Clara County will be accepted
- Applications from two or more teachers at the same school for the same project (grade level projects or multi-class trips/projects) should be made together on the same application
- Applications will be accepted at any time during the school year as long as funds are available
- Applicants must have approval from their local school principal to apply
- Applicants will receive notice of approval/disapproval from the Silicon Valley Education Foundation within 2-3 weeks of the application submission
- ArtsEdConnect reserves the right to limit the number/amount of grants to any one school.
- Applicants must fill out the online application to the right (or wherever the button will be)
- Applications must have an estimated budget broken down into categories such as transportation, admissions, artist fees, materials/supplies, other
- Applications must include a brief (150 word) description of the purpose of the project/activity
- Applications must include a brief (150 word) description of the relationship of the project/activity to your curriculum and other in-class activities planned around the project
Want to find an arts agency to help with your plans? Our website has a whole list of them that you can access.